Last Updated: 24-Oct-2023
Collection and Use of Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
We collect and process both personally identifiable information (PII) and non-personal information. PII refers to any information that can directly or indirectly identify an individual. Non-personal information does not identify an individual and thus cannot be used to ascertain someone’s identity.
Examples of data we may collect include:
- Name, email address, and other contact information
- Username, avatar, and other profile information
- Device information (hardware details, operating system, etc.)
- Browser information (type, version, language preferences, etc.)
- Server logs, including IP addresses and activity tracking data
- Traffic data, including pages visited and navigation patterns
- User-generated content (such as messages, comments, or images)
Purposes of Data Collection
We collect and process personal data for the following purposes:
- Providing and improving the Service
- Administering user accounts
- Facilitating communication between users
- Responding to inquiries, requests, or complaints
- Personalizing and enhancing the user experience
- Monitoring and analyzing usage trends and patterns
- Enforcing our Terms of Service and preventing misuse of our Service
- Complying with legal obligations
We rely on legal bases such as user consent, performance of a contract, and legitimate interests to process personal data.
Data Retention and Deletion
To exercise your rights regarding data access, correction, deletion, or objection to processing, please contact us using the information provided at the end of this policy.
Data Protection and Security Measures
We are dedicated to keeping your personal data safe and employ a variety of technical and organizational measures to protect against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no method of transmission or electronic storage is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security.
Only authorized personnel, service providers, and third-party vendors acting on our behalf (subject to strict contractual obligations) have access to personal data, and are bound by confidentiality obligations.
Our security measures include:
- Encryption and data pseudonymization
- Firewalls and industry standard intrusion detection/prevention systems
- Regular security assessments and audits
- Staff training on privacy-aware practices
Third-Party Data Sharing
We may engage trusted third parties to provide services on our behalf, such as analytics, hosting, or customer support. These third parties have limited access to personal data only to perform these tasks and are contractually obligated to protect your data and maintain its confidentiality. They are strictly prohibited from using your personal data for any other purposes.
International Data Transfers
Compliance with International Regulations
You have several rights regarding your personal data:
- Right of access: You can request information about the personal data we hold about you.
- Right of rectification: You have the right to request corrections or updates to your personal data.
- Right to erasure: You can ask us to delete or remove your personal data under certain circumstances.
- Right to object: You can object to the processing of your personal data when justified.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive a copy of your personal data in a machine-readable format or request it to be directly transferred to another data controller.
To exercise your rights, please contact us using the information provided below. We will respond to your request within the timeframes stipulated by applicable laws.